Sunday, May 14, 2017

NBA Playoff Conference Finals Predictions: Definitely Maybe

And at long last, we have finally arrived at the final stage before the NBA Finals in which we will be told that one of four matchups will be possible. In truth, we all know we're probably going to get the same Finals we got last year.

Forgive my cynicism, but we'll be lucky if one of these series proves to be competitive. You might notice that there's still five players in color in the graphic here, because the final game of the second round will tip (I believe) after the first game of this third round. NBA Playoffs always gotta be messing with my predictions schedule.

Anyway, I went 2-1 so far in the last round, bringing me to ... 9-2? Seriously, just get us to the Finals. Then you'll have my attention, NBA. Until then, I can't think of a moment in these playoffs that really stands out as something I couldn't have missed.


In  descending order of confidence:

Cleveland Cavaliers over Boston Celtics or Washington Wizards in four games

No respect for anybody in the East but LeBron. Seems to work out pretty well most of the time.


Golden State Warriors over San Antonio Spurs in six games



Want oh so badly to believe Spurs can pull off upset here, but actually thinking Golden State winning this in five still seems more likely than seven, if I'm off here.

No comments: