And so here we are. After what seems like multiple years of picking the Dodgers to either get to or flat-out win the World Series in the spring, that awful fucking team has finally made it. Congrats to them. And while I sit here living in the Houston area and hoping to see so many down-on-their-luck residents here find a little joy in the city's first World Series title, I know full well that I should probably expect the Dodgers to win this series in, oh, six games.
I will root like hell for the opposite. I believe I'm 4-4 on postseason picks thus far, and I truly hope I finish under .500 this year.
Five-note jingle for "The Gift that Grows" / SAT 10-3-26 / Burkina Faso,
before 1984 / Sword's alternative / Question in a stalemate / Sluglike
creature known for its soft, water-repellent skin / Greek actress who
brought Elektra, Penelope, Antigone and Helen of Troy to the screen /
Outlet for the Jordan River
-
Constructor: Kameron Austin Collins
Relative difficulty: Easy
THEME: none
Word of the Day: IRENE PAPAS (*9D: Greek actress who brought Elektra,
Penelope...
23 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment