Tuesday, February 14, 2006

V-Day Ventures

I guess I "celebrated" Valentine's Day this past weekend, but I'll forgo graphic details at the risk of possibly sounding like Jacqueline Kim.

Right now, I should just be thankful today that my heart wasn't pierced by the veep. Brian Flemming sums up the reasons to be suspicious pretty nicely. But Cheney drinking? I couldn't imagine it. And of course whenever idiotic requests can be made in cheap hopes of sharing face time, PETA will be there.

So what's all this going to cost Dick? Seven dollars.

And of course, it should be noted that the White House says Mr. Whittington apparently has no one to blame but himself. As Paul Begala notes, the press is more than happy to play along.

Sketchy details in the Cheney story can only be trumped by the news in Chicago that a jail guard, uh, "helped six inmates escape" from the county jail. If you're concerned by the escape coming from the area of the jail reserved for the "worst of the worst," then you really don't want to know what funding issues in New Orleans might mean for 4,000 low-income defendants.

But I shouldn't rush to conclusions. I mean, I'm already starting to think I didn't look hard enough for the right Valentine's card. As long as she liked what I wrote in it, I suppose.

No comments: