Sunday, May 27, 2007

Once More, With Feeling

Do you remember how last year, right about this time, I was hopelessly looking for a real job and reluctantly decided to accept my uncle's invitation to participate in the local canoe race before actually going through with it and ultimately losing my cell phone?

Yeah, well ... despite bridge construction in Batavia cutting the length of the race in half, I'm coming back for a second round next Sunday. This afternoon, my uncle and I took the canoe out to re-familiarize ourselves with the basics.

At least I'm not desperately looking for a job this year—just a better one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yo, D-Rock! Where in Wrigleyville are you staying? you're about a mile and a half or so from my hood. We gotta hang out more often. I still have the 773 number you gave me but I think it comes up as an unidentified number, so I don't answer it. Basicaly because it might be a creditor I'm avoiding to teach them a lesson on how if giant corporations or businesses have the right to void or back out of a contract on the average joe for any reason what so ever, then the average joe should be able to do the same. Any way give a call or drop an email. We'll be at the Grafton like clock work next Sunday and I believe anderson is going to join us as well.
-E