Thursday, May 10, 2007

Problem Solved! (Vol. 2)

... well, kind of "solved" anyway. Let's put it this way: I'm getting paid again. My work schedule jives well with GF's and I'm actually getting these things called a "salary" and "benefits." Better still is that I no longer have to wear a nametag or some sort of lame universal uniform to the office, a 13th floor location in Chicago that allows me to walk down LaSalle Street and see this view every morning:


So I like going into the office.

And while all of that felt great for, like, a week or so, I've come to realize that the money, the commute, the view, you know, "all that shit," doesn't really mean too much when you don't like what you do every day. In my case, yes, there's rewarding parts to talking to people looking for jobs and trying to help find them work in Chicago. But the roughly three-quarters of my day spent making cold calls to businesses to see if they're hiring? Not so much.

Still, it's not like there's quotas to be met or anything. I keep in mind that so far, I'm told that my performance is ahead of new hires. That's comforting, but I'm still looking. For now, I can make a good buck while basically living with GF over near Wrigleyville and waiting for something more satisfying to present itself. I still trust that it will not be long.

No comments: