Friday, April 01, 2016

2016 MLB Predictions: As Uneducated of Guesses as Ever

Let me just begin by saying that I really have no idea. I didn't do so well on my baseball picks last year, and probably haven't done well since I don't know, 2004. So there's nothing this year that makes me feel especially confident about what I'm about to forecast.

I'm immediately skeptical because of the number of people picking the Cubs to win the World Series this year—a bad sign if there ever was one. Still, the Cubs are deserving favorites in the National League, although there's certainly any number of possible contenders.

The American League, on the other hand, strikes me as being fairly wide open. I don't particularly like any of the teams to win their respective divisions, so I'm sort of of holding my nose as I post those picks.

Anyway, as is so often the case with these beginning of the year predictions, I'm pressed for time and will be forgoing commentary for each division. Not that I would have offered anything terribly insightful.

American League East


Boston Red Sox






Toronto Blue Jays






New York Yankees






Tampa Bay Rays








Baltimore Orioles




American League Central


Minnesota Twins






Kansas City Royals







Cleveland Indians







Detroit Tigers







Chicago White Sox




American League West


Houston Astros






Texas Rangers







Seattle Mariners







Anaheim Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim





Oakland Athletics





National League East


Washington Nationals






New York Mets







Miami Marlins






Atlanta Braves






Philadelphia Phillies




National League Central


Chicago Cubs






St. Louis Cardinals







Pittsburgh Pirates







Cincinnati Reds




Milwaukee Brewers




National League West


Los Angeles Dodgers





San Francisco Giants






Arizona Diamondbacks





San Diego Padres







Colorado Rockies




Wild Card Playoffs
Kansas City Royals over Toronto Blue Jays

San Francisco Giants over St. Louis Cardinals




Divisional Playoffs
Houston Astros over Kansas City Royals in five games

Boston Red Sox over Minnesota Twins in five games

San Francisco Giants over Chicago Cubs in five games



Washington Nationals over Los Angeles Dodgers in five games



League Championship Series
Houston Astros over Boston Red Sox in six games

San Francisco Giants over Washington Nationals in six games




2016 World Series
San Francisco Giants over Houston Astros in seven games

Just like my logic behind my NHL prediction for 2016, I'm using the same thought process for baseball this year. And once again, it's a World Series pick I hope I'm wrong about, but the Kings logic is looking pretty good right now, so why change?

No comments: