I thought the overall concept seemed pretty clear to me: You, the employer, posted a job. I, the prospective employee, responded to it. Did we make a "connection" here or not?
Yet, here's how at least two of these conversations went this week when said employer was on the phone:
ME: "... and was that job still open?"
THEM: "Yes. Yes it is."
ME: "OK ... and how soon were you looking to fill that?"
THEM: "Fairly quickly ... you know."
ME: "Cool. And you received my resume, right?"
THEM: "Well, I've got a stack to go through here. But I'm sure I'll be giving you a call back if you're qualified."
Isn't that a remarkable hiring strategy? "I'm just going to let people pile up and then call them back when they're probably off the market." Best of luck to you too ... fuckers.
I've since realized that actually showing up at said office and physically handing paperwork over to the person-in-charge makes lame excuses harder to come by. And on the lighter side, there were the others who did talk to me in greater depth about the position I actually inquired about. But I know what the dangers are of building your hopes up before anything pans out, so let me be skeptical for another week. Until then, I'm convincing myself that this is not just a matter of my words being misunderstood:
Hip-hop's birthplace, colloquially / SAT 10-10-26 / 1980s chart-topping
band with a semi-duplicative name / Peak overlooking the Grindelwald Valley
/ Animated character with a signature quiff hairstyle / Danny who was
UNICEF's first goodwill ambassador / Natives call it Muncibeddu, meaning
"mountain of mountains" / Neighbor of Francia
-
Constructor: David Levinson Wilk
Relative difficulty: Easy
THEME: none
Word of the Day: Frito PIE (*23A: Frito ___ (Tex-Mex dish)*) —
*Frito pie* is a d...
5 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment