Thursday, September 03, 2009

Yet another example of my exquisite timing

I'd been letting an awful lot of those special vitaminwater caps collect dust this summer and decided tonight that I should probably hurry up and cash them in before they—


Oh, you've got to be fucking kidding me, right?

Nope. Promotion ended Monday. Nice.

So, here I now sit with, I don't know, 30-40 of these caps that are totally useless. I may look more into what can still be done with them, but I won't be getting my hopes up too high. Besides, I've got bigger fish to fry these days. (And who needs your dumbass MySpace site when I've still got free music via Tumblr anyway?)

Seriously though, if I can be forgiven for overlooking this stupid expiration date, it's because of the mild shitstorm I've just found myself in—albeit a shitstorm of sudden employment possibilities, so hopefully the connotation of the term is just as much positive as anything.

I am preparing to train tomorrow for a transcribing position that will allow me to work from home and make a few extra bucks. This would be in addition to the copywriting position that's also offering work from home on flexible hours with more extra bucks. And then there's the old restaurant wanting me to stay on at least one shift a week while most of my time is taken up at the new country club job.

So suddenly, I'm looking at possibly holding down four part-time jobs. And considering the money I'm going to need heading into these possibly brutal final four months of the year, then yes, the timing is indeed exquisite.

But all of this said, while I've certainly had posts in mind for BMC here (two of which I began, but have yet to complete), hopefully you can understand that things have been a tad bit hectic these past few weeks. And while I fully intended to squeeze in a few items before this blog becomes inundated with posts relating to the NFL season, it appears that I may actually have to be content with creating those other types of posts during football season.

As I said, this final third of 2009 is gearing up to be a pretty wild ride, so I'm trusting that if nothing else, I will have plenty of things in addition to the usual to write about. I'm not sure how I'll hold up physically or mentally as we enter 2010, but damned if I'm not anxious to find out.

No comments: