Monday, October 02, 2017

2017 Wild Card Playoff Predictions: So What, Who Cares

Let us be perfectly honest here. This blog is more than 10 years old, and the posts are all almost exclusively predictions for playoffs involving one of the four major sports. While I might have shared my personal experiences and love stories at one time or another, I don't much feel compelled to to do the same anymore—partly because I now write for a living and don't particularly feel all that compelled to do more typing once I'm done with work and partly because I'm getting divorced. Did I mention that already? No? Well, I'm getting divorced. Who knows when. As usual, it's not all that important and I'll probably be fighting the urge to write yet another love letter to whichever girl I begin sleeping with next. My assumption was that would not occur for another few years, but boy, the early adventures while getting re-acclimated to this being single again have certainly been encouraging.

What's that? Oh, yes. This post is supposed to be a blog about the first round of the upcoming MLB Playoffs. I'll spare you bogus commentary or faux insight, and I'll probably abandon pre-season predictions altogether (NHL and NBA seasons beginning soon, so sorry to those two sports for being my sacrificial lambs). Anyway, here's the hats of my predicted winners (presented, as always, in descending order of confidence):
Arizona Diamondbacks over Colorado Rockies



Minnesota Twins over New York Yankees

No comments: