Saturday, January 15, 2011

Things I made while offline: Claudia Schiffer


Because this blog will be dominated by football-related content for the next five months, your author has decided to make an effort to regularly post pictures his lovely and talented sister took of some of his artwork. These posts will include a brief thought or two about when the piece was made. 

This week: A pencil sketch of model Claudia Schiffer 

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IT: You can decide for yourself whether this or the other autographs I got in my sketchbook work are more famous, but I remembered taking quite a bit of pride not just in having Schiffer sign this when she came to visit our local Wal-Mart to promote her new fitness videos, but also just in having her look up at me and say, "You're very good."

I'm fortunate to have taken better care of this signature of hers as opposed to the free poster she signed for me, which I hung in my room and subsequently fell multiple times and the wear shows:




I'm also grateful that my mother gave me hand-written permission to leave school early that day to go with some friends to see her.

WHAT STILL KINDA BUGS ME ABOUT IT: I'm pretty sure I didn't draw anything from the neck down for fear of getting something about the body wrong (I always struggled with accurate female physiques, for some reason). The head shot itself is still rather "meh" to me, and the ear actually looks kind of warped.


But fuck it ... as long as Claudia liked it.

No comments: