Monday, November 15, 2010

Things I made while offline: Tom Petty


Because this blog will be dominated by football-related content for the next five months, your author has decided to make an effort to regularly post pictures his lovely and talented sister took of some of his artwork. These posts will include a brief thought or two about when the piece was made. 

This week: An ink & color pencil drawing of musician Tom Petty 

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IT: I made this in 1995, presumably right around the time my friends and I were going to see Tom Petty in concert at the United Center. At initial first glance, I'm genuinely pretty pleased with the overall simplicity.

WHAT STILL KINDA BUGS ME ABOUT ITI guess I still hadn't developed my trademark signature at that point yet. The white spot in the beard could have been blended in a little better. And there's numerous spots, actually, where I think I could have spent a little more time on the blending, like the hair, the shadows on his face, and the logo for the "Wildflowers" album behind him.

No comments: