Monday, November 22, 2010

Things I made while offline: The Crying Teddy Bear


Because this blog will be dominated by football-related content for the next five months, your author has decided to make an effort to regularly post pictures his lovely and talented sister took of some of his artwork. These posts will include a brief thought or two about when the piece was made. 

This week: A pencil (and some watercolor) still-life of a teddy bear holding a rose 

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IT: This was made some time back in high school (I believe) and the assignment, if I recall correctly, involved using a couple items and maybe creating a mixed medium piece. So a majority of the project was made using pencil and then I added my own twist with the watercolor to make a couple streams of tears, a little blood trickling from the bear's paw, and the puddle of both.

I like the minimal use of colors, including the green reflection from the rose's stem.

WHAT STILL KINDA BUGS ME ABOUT IT: The Poison's "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" has been stuck in my head since I cropped this.

No comments: