Friday, December 17, 2010

Keep on scrolling: Another fantasy update

Your author is hard-pressed to think of something that can cause an immediate loss of interest quite like hearing about someone's fantasy team. Having friends and co-workers recite their rosters with no real purpose other than to gloat about conquering leagues you're not involved in seems quite banal and pointless, no?

That said, the author knows full well that you the dear reader probably also couldn't give two shits about whatever fantasy team he's gone and created after so many years of taking that road less traveled where non-participation seemed cooler. Now the author has multiple fantasy teams, and while he tries mightily not to bring those into the other posts here on BMC that you might actually read, every once in a while, if for no other purpose than to help him remember who he had on such teams in a given year, he likes to keep a recorded entry of how he's done.

This is one of those times. Your non-interest in the remainder of this post is understood.

Well, the end of the regular season of fantasy football has concluded, and unlike last year's EPIC FAIL of a debut for me when I finished dead last and didn't qualify for any playoffs, my season in both leagues I'm in will go on for another two weeks. So hooray me.

Of course, I'm really stumbling into both of these playoffs as I lost every single game I was in over the past two weeks since I last posted a fantasy update.

Somehow, I managed to finish the Tumblr league's regular season atop the standings:



There were a few moves made along the way during those two weeks, of course:

Amazingly enough, Blair White managed to stay on my roster for the past fortnight.

I ended up getting my ass kicked in Week 13 (by the league's last place team, no less) thanks in large part to all of my receivers blowing chunks, although special mention should also go to Kerry Collins for being totally useless that week as well:




I again failed to have any receiver get double-digit points the following week, but Michael Turner had a stellar 30.40-point outing. Too bad my opponent got even better performances from Darren McFadden (43.90) and the Steelers defense (34.00):




And over in the Yahoo league, I slipped to a .500 finish on the year—which I would suppose it still a good improvement over my disastrous 3-11 finish in the inaugural season for me. I didn't qualify for the "championship" bracket (which is reserved for the top four teams), but do still get to play in the "consolation" bracket (for the 5th-8th place teams):




And like the Tumblr league, the most astonishing thing about transactions made with this team has to be the absence of Blair White's name:




Aside from Michael Turner, everybody performed below expectations for me in week 13:




And not that a win really would have made much difference for me in the standings since the other results in the league didn't go the way I needed them to, but Malcom Floyd does deserve some sort of special mention for giving me the best performance I got from any receiver during this two-week period. Too bad the Tennessee defense put up a goose egg:



So we'll have two more weeks of fantasy football and then that's it until next year.

Oh, yeah ... fantasy basketball will still be going on. I did enjoy more success over there in the past couple of weeks by comparison, I suppose. Two more wins brought me up to third place on the year:



And there were a few moves made to the roster—but only a couple (surprisingly):




I'm through posting the individual game results for this league, however. They're just not worth much in hindsight, and I figure that at the end of the year maybe I can just post one screencap of my own schedule with the finals for each week. Like I've had posted in the intro to this segment for months now, I doubt anybody other than myself really cares, and even I'm kind of sick of posting this segment, so once football concludes, there probably won't be a "fantasy update" posted again until these playoffs begin in March.

You're welcome, whomever you are that actually read this far.

No comments: