Saturday, December 25, 2010

Things I made while offline: "In the Company of Men"


Because this blog will be dominated by football-related content for the next five months, your author has decided to make an effort to regularly post pictures his lovely and talented sister took of some of his artwork. These posts will include a brief thought or two about when the piece was made. 

This week: An ink & color pencil drawing of characters from the 1997 film "In the Company of Men

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IT: I originally made this to go with my recap of the year's best movies when I was writing for the community college newspaper.  The Neil LaBute film was obviously my favorite of the year, and as you might recall, I even called it the best movie of that decade.


Anyway, of course we ended up using a collage I put together of the top movies instead of this piece of artwork. I'm generally pretty content with how the Aaron Eckhart and Matt Malloy characters look in this piece, but ...


WHAT STILL KINDA BUGS ME ABOUT IT: ... I'm still not crazy about how my fire looks. Not just in this, but in most every piece I've tried to use it in. Sure, I've seen it done worse, but here especially it just looks too even for my liking.

No comments: