Tuesday, October 28, 2008

2008-09 NBA Predictions

I worked a double today, have a class at ten tomorrow and then need to rush home to meet up with the lady for the evening, so much like my NHL picks, you're just going to have to wait for words about these teams (I swear I'll do it with the next season I predict).

Besides, these are all mildly educated guesses only referenced on the chance that I'm right so I can say "I told you so!" We all knew that, right?

Anyway ...:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

  1. Boston Celtics
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers
  3. Detroit Pistons
  4. Toronto Raptors
  5. Orlando Magic
  6. Philadelphia 76ers
  7. Washington Wizards
  8. Chicago Bulls
  9. Miami Heat
  10. Indiana Pacers
  11. Atlanta Hawks
  12. Milwaukee Bucks
  13. Charlotte Bobcats
  14. New York Knicks
  15. New Jersey Nets

WESTERN CONFERENCE

  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Houston Rockets
  3. New Orleans Hornets
  4. San Antonio Spurs
  5. Utah Jazz
  6. Portland Trail Blazers
  7. Dallas Mavericks
  8. Los Angeles Clippers
  9. Phoenix Suns
  10. Denver Nuggets
  11. Golden State Warriors
  12. Sacramento Kings
  13. Minnesota Timberwolves
  14. Oklahoma City Thunder
  15. Memphis Grizzlies

NBA FINALS
Boston Celtics
over
Los Angeles Lakers in seven games

And I end on that "shocking" prediction ... I did toy with the idea of a Spurs-Pistons rematch, but Boston's defense blew me away last season. I haven't forgotten that.

1 comment:

JH29 said...

I basically agree with you 100%
The Finals is pretty much set imho!! LAKERS / CELTS.. here are my reasons. http://jib-sports-culture.blogspot.com/