Thursday, October 02, 2008

One of life's finer (dis)pleasures.

One of the new girls went walking by, looking confused.

"Do we have any 'Greyyyy Poooooo ... ponnn?'" she asked.

I nodded and led her to where we kept the dijon mustard. I had to ask her, of course, if she'd ever seen the commercials. While describing how the commercial went, it suddenly hit me how long ago it had been since I'd actually seen one.



"Didn't you see Wayne's World?" I asked. And again she looked at me as though I was referring to a film that came out before movies had the benefit of sound. All I could think to myself at the time was, "C'mon, that movie's only ... old enough to drive."

Then we got to talking about The Love Guru and how none of us saw it because we all heard it was fucking terrible, me trying to ignore the sinking feeling you get when you realize how much older you really are.

No comments: