Saturday, October 04, 2008

Week Five Picks

Alas, I don't even get to bet against my No. 1 earning team this week:

14 points
Dallas Cowboys (3-1) over Cincinnati Bengals (0-4)

This is an obvious pick. If I lose 14 on this one, I'm certain it won't be just me. It's that obvious.


13 points
New York Giants (3-0) over Seattle Seahawks (1-2)

The champs will lose at some point, of course, but it's not going to be to a team from the NFC West.


12 points
New England Patriots (2-1) over San Francisco 49ers (2-2)

The Patriots have had a week to wait and get their reputation back. I believe they've averaged a winning margin of something like 17 points the week after a bye for the past five seasons.


11 points
Carolina Panthers (3-1) over Kansas City Chiefs (1-3)

Kansas City's already screwed me once, but the spread being 9 1/2 is pretty hard to argue with.


10 points
Indianapolis Colts (1-2) over Houston Texans (0-3)

A sort of "must win" for the Colts, who are neither accustomed to third place nor seeking a shared place in the cellar.


9 points
San Diego Chargers (2-2) over Miami Dolphins (1-2)

The Dolphins did do something the Chargers historically couldn't: Beat the Patriots. Still, I'll stick with the line (6 1/2).


8 points
New Orleans Saints (2-2) over Minnesota Vikings (1-3)

And oh how glorious it would be to have the Vikings start the season 1-4.


7 points
Green Bay Packers (2-2) over Atlanta Falcons (2-2)

It's at Lambeau. That's enough for me.


6 points
Denver Broncos (3-1) over Tampa Bay (3-1)

The Broncos need to re-establish themselves very quickly.


5 points
Buffalo Bills (4-0) over Arizona Cardinals (2-2)

Arizona, somehow, is favored by one. I can't wait to see how many points the Bills put up in the 4th quarter in this one.

4 points
Baltimore Ravens (2-1) over Tennessee Titans (4-0)

This is the week, B. Doggy.


3 points
Jacksonville Jaguars (2-2) over Pittsburgh Steelers (3-1)

I initially picked Pittsburgh, but then I remembered the whole situation with their running backs. And I have to learn to go against my first reaction when dealing with the Jags.

2 points
Washington Redskins (3-1) over Philadelphia Eagles (2-2)

The more likely upset ...


1 point
Detroit Lions (0-3) over Chicago Bears (2-2)

... and the less likely upset.

No comments: