Thursday, October 09, 2008

I changed my mind

My uncle had asked when I was going to get an Obama sign for our front yard and I used the usual excuses as to why I didn't put one up. Namely, I said I didn't even know where to get one.

Naturally, my uncle drove me over to the Kane County Democrats' office near his home, I grabbed the popular Obama sign as well as one for Bill Foster, and immediately texted the girl with the news. As a McCain fan, her response was not too enthusiastic:

Whatever i guess you dont want any sex anytime soon

She pulled the signs out of the ground when she came over yesterday, but I didn't really try to prevent her either, seeing as I knew I was correct to call her bluff on the threat of withholding sex.

Besides, shortly after I watched her car pull away, I lit up a cigarette and stuck the signs back into the lawn, side by side once again.

No comments: