Sunday, October 24, 2010

Things I made while offline: Abstraction


Because this blog will be dominated by football-related content for the next five months, your author has decided to make an effort to regularly post pictures his lovely and talented sister took of some of his artwork. These posts will include a brief thought or two about when the piece was made. 

This week: An abstract ink design

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IT: This was made back in community college and I recall my professor for multiple courses in my tenure there being a fan of this assignment, which involved taking a collage and gradually losing detail to make the shapes more abstract with texture. Here's the additional four steps of decreasing details:


WHAT STILL KINDA BUGS ME ABOUT IT: It's not terribly exciting, and probably won't be anybody's favorite of the stuff I have posted or will be posting for this tag. Also, I wish I'd kept the original photo collage. About the only thing that stands out to me as recognizable would be the Grand Marnier bottle in the foreground, presumably because I'm an alcoholic. Maybe this assignment should have been a sign.

No comments: